Saturday, February 3, 2018

Time

I don't need Time.
I don't need comforting words.
I need an Autobahn
To take me back
to January.
When he existed 
And we were Alive
Together.
For a month, he kept me warm.
Now the moments stumble and skip
Like a broken record.
A seedling, struggling to survive,
in the Dead of Winter.
Snow blankets the hard, frigid ground.
I look down and realize that I am
Naked.
in a parking lot
Full of Empty cars
Because everyone else has someplace warm to go
And to Belong.
I am standing still,
feet covered in snowflakes,
and the wind has ceased.
The Silence is deafening.
It is February
And I am CoLd
all the Time.

-smc-

No comments:

Post a Comment

halved alive

  She sprints to last spring, dust bursts  spray from asphalt left - right lightning smashes. Unripe endurance four minutes  knees scream bo...